So as most of you know I moved up to North Dakota from Texas this past winter and I can now say I have survived a real winter….almost. It’s the end of March and it’s still in the 30s and snow is still on the ground. Usually this time of year I’m out camping in shorts enjoying 70-80 degrees weather. I was talking to my parents this past weekend and they were camping and it was making me really crave camping food. Camping food is a different amazing kind of food and foil packs are a camping staple for most. They’re quick, they’re easy, and, most importantly, they’re delicious. This was a new recipe for me because I don’t typically use sausage in my packs so I wanted to try something new. Since it was too cold to go outside and grill these bad boys, I cooked mine in the oven. I hope y’all enjoy this tasty camping/spring time recipe as much as I did!
Sausage Foil Packs
- 13 oz turkey smoked sausage cut into coins
- 6 red potatoes, quartered
- 1 12 oz bag frozen green beans
- 4 corn cobs cut into discs
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Tbs butter, unsalted
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp parsley
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Wash and chop vegetables and sausage. Mix paprika, parsley, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl mix vegetables and sausage with seasoning mixture until well combined.
- Place 1/4 of mixture in tin foil sheet (~12 inches long). Place 1 Tbs butter in foil pack and fold corners in until the goodies are covered. Will make about 4 foil packs.
- Place foil packs on baking sheet and bake in oven for 30-40 minutes. Enjoy!!!