So my fiancé loves BBQ chicken pizza and I personally don’t get it. To me a pizza is supposed to be Italian with the red sauce, Alfredo sauce, or even an olive oil brush….not BBQ sauce. I decided I would try to appease him and try to make my own BBQ chicken pizza and make one that I can tolerate or maybe even like. I came across a recipe to use tortillas instead of pizza crust and, oh my goodness! It was a delicious combination! The tortilla gave it a crispy crust making it seem more like a flat bread than a pizza, making it easier for me to get past the weirdness that is BBQ pizza. The tortilla also helps make this recipe lower carb than a normal pizza would be. This is another quick and easy recipe for those hectic nights. So for all of my BBQ pizza haters…here’s a recipe you should try!!
BBQ Chicken Pizza
- 4 flour tortillas
- Rotisserie chicken, shredded (~1/4 cup per pizza)
- Mozzarella cheese (~1/4 cup per pizza)
- BBQ sauce (I used ~1 Tbs per tortilla)
- Bell pepper, diced (~2 Tbs per pizza)
- Onion, diced (~2 Tbs per pizza)
- Cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F. Dice onion and bell pepper and shred chicken.
- Spread BBQ sauce over tortillas and top with cheese. Add bell pepper, onion, chicken, and cilantro. Top with more cheese.
- Bake in oven for 12 minutes until tortilla is crispy and enjoy!! I made a nice side salad to go with my pizzas.
photo credit: James Brady